Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chore chart.

My sister in law was telling me about some chore charts she wanted to make. http://www.etsy.com/listing/77503369/custom-chore-chart-system?ref=pr_shop and http://www.etsy.com/listing/28119034/childrens-chore-chart-natural-wood  here are the ones she had sent as the ideas of what she kinda wanted. I remembered seeing http://crate.typepad.com/cratepaper/2011/06/hi-crate-paper-fans-its-tara-here-with-a-crafty-dyi-summer-project-for-you-this-summer-i-enrolled-my-little-6-yea.html these on Pinterest. So I thought I would try to make my own. I am not really in love with how the Chore charts came out. They will do for now. I will for sure make more later on.
                                                                     Gracies chore chart
Ryders chore chart.

The kids are really excited about these. Each star or heart has a chore on it. With the chore there is a $ amount mostly change amounts actually. Once they do the chore they get to move it to the done side. At the end of the day we will see how much money they have earned and let them put it in their piggy banks. 

Here is what you will need:
Spray paint
Regular craft paint(spray paint can be used here if you want)
Cookie sheet (.96 at walmart)
Wooden pieces (I used hearts and stars)
Magnets of some sort
Fine point marker
Large  marker ( I did not like using this I will probably use my cricut and cut out some vinyl later on)
Paint brushes
Glue gun
Ribbon.


First I spray painted the back. As you can see the cheaper paint needed more than one coat. The krylon did just fine with one coat.
While the back was drying I painted the stars and hearts

Then I flipped the pans over and painted the front of them.
While that was drying I wrote on top of the Stars and Hearts.


My kids are younger so I did simple chores with small amounts of money like " pick up dirty clothes" ".50" They will think they are rich.

Then I hot glued the magnets to the back of the Chores. I used a lot of magnet but I dont think it was really necessary.

Then I added the ribbon and wrote on the cookie sheet. One side says "Ryder's chores" and the other side says "Done". Then I added the magnet chores and attached some ribbon to the back sorry no pic but I am sure you can figure it out. Then I hung them up in the kids room low enough so they could reach. I explained to the kids how it works and they wanted to start doing their chores right then. You know so they could get money. lol I love my kids and the fact that they get excited so easy.

Well this is my first tutorial hopefully yall enjoy it. Take what I did and make it better. It could def. get a lot better than this. Sorry the pics are not that great of quality I am using the camera on my little crappy phone. Our camera meet the lawn mower and they did not get along :(


***Update I know its only been a few hours but the kids wanted to play a little with their chore charts and a lot of the paint is already scratched. So I think I will just get 2 more cookie sheets and leave them the way they come and not paint them. Then add all the extra and see if I like that better. I will add some pics when I change them.

No comments:

Post a Comment