Wednesday, October 12, 2011

About me!

So I would just like to give you a little background on me and the family. My Hubby and I have been married almost 7 years we have 2 kids a 4 year old boy Ryder and a 3 year old girl Gracie. We got married in November of 2004.
     Some Engagements

                                                          Cutting the cake at the wedding
                                                           You may Kiss the Bride!!!
                                                      The goofball during our Engagements
Todd's Fav of my Bridals
My fav Bridal pic
                                               
                                                                         Bridal Pics
Wedding Day!!
After we got married I immediately went to Savannah GA where he was stationed we lived there for 6 weeks. During those 6 weeks we just had one motorcycle fun right.

Except not so much fun for grocery shopping and driving in the rain at least I had a shield (Todd) from the rain. We saw all kinds of fun stuff during those 6 weeks. Down town Savannah is sooooo Beautiful
                                                  Tybee Island also is very Beautiful.
Well those 6 weeks came to a end and that meant Todd had to Deploy out to Iraq for a year.  That was the hardest day of my life so far.
                                                           The day Todd left for Iraq.
Well I moved back to Utah while he was in Iraq. In may of 2005 Todd was able to come home for his mid tour deployment. I got to spend 2 whole weeks with him. YAY!!

About a hour after Todd got off the plane for his mid tour leave.
We had so much fun We went to to Vegas which is where his parents lived at the time. We spent some time in the mountains. We pretty much spent every second of those 2 weeks together.
On our way back from Vegas
Again Todd had to go back to Iraq. This was even harder than the first time he left. It was like a giant tease.
The day Todd went back to Iraq :(
So finally his Deployment was over and he was coming home I was so excited I think I lost 10 lbs and this was back when I was already thin. I had gone out to Savannah before he got home so I could find us a house and get everything set up.
This is the when I FINALLY got to hug Todd!
I swear those ceremonies they do are ridiculously long. The whole time you are searching through the hundreds of soldiers trying to find yours its harder than you think because they all are wearing the same thing and are in formation. But everyone is able to find just who they are looking for. Its hard to say but I think at this moment I was happier than when we got married.
Well we stayed in Savannah for the rest of his time in the Army. We even got pregnant. We had one miscarriage. Then we got Pregnant again. Its a boy! We were so excited. In March of 2007 Todd got out of the Army and we moved back to Utah. In May of 2007 We welcomed our beautiful baby boy into our Family.
We were so happy to have him. Ryder Hal Christensen. Such a sweet baby boy. We were enjoying being in Utah around family. The end of October we found out we were expecting again. Yay! Not entirely planned.... ok not planned at all. I missed 1 day of my birth control and surprise here I am preg. We were a little nervous sense Todd did not have the greatest job. But we soon very soon like the next day realized we were really excited to have another baby and we would make it work no matter what. In December Todd got a really good job offer back in Savannah. We were so excited because we really missed Savannah and it was a great Job. So Todd left they gave him 4 whole days to get out there its a 3 day drive by the way. Oh well we were so excited. Well in December we also found out that we were having a Girl! We were so excited. In January Ryder and I went out to Savannah to join Todd. We loved being back there. Around all of our friends it just felt right. In July 2008 we welcomed our sweet baby Gracie into our family.
Here she is. Gracie Sherle Christensen I am trying not to over load on pics. It was so nice having a little princess in the house. It was a lot of work having a husband and 2 kids only 13 months apart but I would not change it for the world. I adjusted quickly to having 2 kids. In Aug of 2008 we moved to Pooler a smaller town just outside of Savannah. We enjoyed it out there but decided to move back to Savannah in May 2009. We really enjoyed our neighborhood not to much to say just quiet. I did start to watch a friends little Girl. She was so cute I started watching when she was really little only a few months old and Gracie was just over a year. It reminded me of when Gracie was born having 2 little babies. It was so much fun. A good reminder that we were ok with 2 kids though. The end of 2009 Todd got laid off and we had a hard time for a little while deciding what we should do. Well we stayed in Savannah. We loved it there after all. Eventually we decided to move back to Utah. It would be nice for the kids to be around cousins and grandparents. So in March of 2011 we came back to Utah. And we have been loving being around family. I cant wait for my mom and sister to move back though. Hopefully they will be here next summer. Todd started school in Aug and is doing great. We could not be prouder of him. Todd will finish school within 2 years and then we will see where that takes us.
Here is a few more pics I wanted to through in of us over the years.
                                                              Ryder was pretty hardcore
                                                          One of my fav pics of Todd and I
                                                                      October 2010
                                                                 December 2010
                                                                       Jan 2011
                                                                   November 2010
                                                                One fine looking Soldier
                                                       Our Handsome boy 2 weeks old
                                                       Our Beauty queen a few hours old
                                                                Gracie just over a year
                                                                          July 2011
July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment