Friday, April 6, 2012

Egg matching and Egg Lunch

Egg matching.
I have seen a ton of fun Easter games. I have not left my kids out of the fun. This was the first one we played this year. We played many others but since I suck at blogging you probably wont hear about them. But maybe.... So this is Egg matching. I had some little candies they are character shaped they actually came in eggs the shapes are Dora, Diego and Spongebob. I actually bought these eggs at the end of last year and did not hid them very well so I had to come up with some stuff for the kids to play with them. Anyway I took the candies and separated them by character and color. Then I took 2 of each kind there just happened to be 12  I put one of each kind of candy under the bottom of the egg and one under each top. Then the kids had to find the matches.

Ryder found the first one and had the candy gone as soon as I started to
say yes you can eat the candy.

Then Gracie found the next match and the next one and the next one. I actually had to tell her even though she got a match again it was Ryders turn that was after 5 matches in a row.
In the back you can see my sorted candy piles.

The game set up again

These were Gracies matches. Yes 10 I think she won. 

Then I just put the candies in the Eggs and the Eggs in the
 Egg carton and put it away for another time to play

This is going to be a double post since both of these are kind of short.
Egg Lunch
While on Pinterest. I found this
pin and fell in love with it. I is over at Brandyscraftblog. Here is here page. I looked a little but it looks like here kids are lucky to have a super fun mom! She filled the eggs with their lunch hid the Eggs so they could find their lunch and eat it.
So I thought I would do the same Although I did not hid the eggs we just went to the park and had a picnic. But the kids still enjoyed it.
The day before I let the kids paint a empty Egg Carton

I filled the Eggs with favorite lunch treats. Pretzels, Brownies Carrots Broccoli( they LOVE broccoli) and PB&J  sandwiches. Note I did have to cut the sandwiches in 8 pieces to get them to fit.

Gracies Lunch

Ryders Lunch.

I hope you enjoy reading my post. Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment