Friday, September 7, 2012

Creepy spider web!



I made a creepy Spider web I love how it turned out. A big thanks going to Redberry Barn for the inspiration. Here is a link to her page and what she did. I did not read the tutorial I just looked at the picture. It may have been easier if I did it more like hers, but it was super easy the way I did it as well. I just took a black from I had that was not being used and I sprayed it with some leftover paint from last year. I barely had enough to cover it. I wanted it to be a light coat anyway so a little black would show through I think it adds to the look. I cut the burlap then hand stitched the orange on. I used a black marker and drew/traced a spider web on. It was hard to see unless you held it in the light just right which means when I was done you would not be able to see it The black marker that is. Then I typed up the sign "Creepy spider web for rent" and printed it out Horizontally on paper. I did glue the Burlap to the glass and the paper to the inside of the frame. Then I felt like it still needed a little something and I remembered that I had Spiders left over from last year and I added them, using string on one of them to look like webbing. I love the final Product.

A few close ups

Happy Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment